Large-scale data mining in earth observation
The research of this Helmholtz AI young investiagtor group at the German Aerospace Center (DLR) will apply and advance state-of-the-art methodologies in semi-supervised machine learning for large-scale spatio-temporal Earth observation data. Contributing to cutting-edge numerical optimization in the domain of deep learning on high-performance computing infrastructure will enable this group to gain insights for grand challenges such as the United Nation's Sustainable Development Goals.
In international collaboration with academic and industrial partners, they will fuse petabytes of Earth observation data for social good. Their interdisciplinary team bridges expertise in physics, big geo-data processing, remote sensing and machine/deep learning.
Visit Conrad Albrecht's website
- Chenying Liu, TU Munich.
- Nassim Ait Ali Braham, TU Munich (visiting INRIA @ University Grenoble Alpes).
- Yi Wang, TU Munich.
- Shivam Pande, visitor from Indian Institute of Technology Bombay.
- Wenlu Sun, TU Munich.
- Timo Salisch, DHBW Mannheim.
- Kathleen Bishop (Princeton University), 2023 Summer Work Program.
- Foram Parikh (Deutsches Museum), 2023 DLR_school_lab.