2020 Helmholtz AI project call - review process closed
Join the HELMHOLTZ AI PROJECTS WORKSPACE - Our virtual space to find partners for the 2020 Helmholtz AI project call
At the core of the Helmholtz AI mission is fostering cross-field creativity by stimulating collaborative research projects in applied machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Therefore, the annual Helmholtz AI project call, funded by the Helmholtz Association's Initiative and Networking Fund (INF), aims to support this goal. We hope that these project calls help you develop enriching partnerships and exciting new project ideas. In case of any questions please contact projectsnoSp@firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Objective: The objective of Helmholtz AI projects is facilitating research that addresses cross-center ML/AI challenges and methods; they should be seed-like, collaborative and have the potential to quickly spawn larger follow-up projects; solutions should be co-developed with potential users.
- Duration of funding: Projects must be completed within a maximum of three years. That's why we are explicitly calling for ‘high risk, high gain’ and value learning from (fast) failure over incremental advances.
- Scale of funding: Applicants may request up to €200k from the funding line, which has to be matched by the participating centers with the same amount of money (up to €200k), in line with INF guidelines.
- Eligibility: All Helmholtz researchers are eligible for funding; at least two Helmholtz Centers must apply jointly.
- Submission: All applications must be submitted through the dedicated submission portal
- Deadline: CLOSED The deadline for applications was 1 December 2020 (end of day, CET).
- Review: After a swift external review process, we aim for funding decisions by the end of Q1 2021.