2019 Helmholtz AI Projects - under review
The Helmholtz AI 2019 Call for Projectsis now closed. Thank you to all those who sent their proposals!
The received project applications are currently under review. In case of questions please contact projectsnoSp@firstname.lastname@example.org.
It is at the core of Helmholtz's AI mission to foster cross-field creativity by stimulating collaborative research projects in applied machine learning (ML) and artificial intelligence (AI). Therefore, the annual Helmholtz AI project call, funded by the Helmholtz Association's Initiative and Networking Fund (INF), aims to support this goal. We hope that these project calls help you develop enriching partnerships and exciting new project ideas.
- Objective: The objective of Helmholtz AI Projects is facilitating research that addresses cross-center ML/AI challenges and methods; they should be seed-like, collaborative and have the potential to quickly spawn larger follow-up projects.
- Duration of funding: Projects must be completed within a maximum of three years. That's why we are explicitly calling for ‘high risk, high gain’ project proposals that prize learning from (fast) failure over incremental success.
- Scale of funding: Applicants may request up to €200k from the funding line, which has to be matched by the participating centers with the same amount of money (up to €200k), in line with INF guidelines.
- Eligibility: All Helmholtz researchers are eligible for funding; at least two Helmholtz Centers must apply jointly.
- Submission: Submission is closed
- Deadline: The deadline for applications was January 17, 2020 (end of day, CET).
- Review: After a swift external review process, we aim for funding decisions in April 2020.